We have a broad range of experience in individual tax preparation as well as entity level tax preparation and will work with you to ensure that you pay the least amount of tax allowed in the law.
To accomplish this we may ask you questions regarding your current situation that may alert us to tax saving opportunities.
Examples of areas we may inquire about include:
- Child and adult family members you may be caring for
- Education Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Appreciated and/or Under-Water assets
- Casualty or theft losses including those arising from Ponzi schemes
- Unreimbursed Employee/Business Expenses
- Rental and or other Investment Activities
Because the best opportunities for tax savings occur by examining, planning for and structuring transactions before year end we view tax planning as an integral part of your overall tax picture.
We encourage active tax planning and will be in touch with you throughout the year on potential issues that could affect your tax bill in April. Such issues include:
- AMT Planning
- Stock option planning
- Recognizing gains or losses on assets
- Buy/sell transactions of major assets
- Deferring income and/or accelerating expenses
- Planning for spending money on assets that you can enjoy and provide a tax benefit such as vacation homes